TN Flooding Disaster Relief
FLOOD DISASTER HITS HUMPHREYS COUNTY TN
Many of you may already know of the severe flooding in Humphreys and Dickson counties in central Tennessee. Countless families have been affected, at least ten lives lost, and 31 other residents are missing. This disaster has affected many of your brother Knights and local Catholic Families.
I have activated the State’s Emergency Action Team to help gather support for those in need due to this disaster. In addition, I have asked our General Agent Dan Schachle and area District Deputy Stephen Freund to help organize our relief efforts on the ground. David and Stephen will provide additional information over the next several days about collecting needed items. We will share these lists with you as soon as they become available.
We can, however, begin immediately providing our support by donating to our disaster relief program via a check or money order mailed to our State Treasurer or electronically through our State Paypal account (see instructions below).
God bless, and thank you for your support of our brothers and sisters in need.
Instructions for Financial Support Donations:
Check or Money Order
- Individual Financial Donations: Please collect donations through your Council and parish and then send a single check made payable to Tennessee State Council of the Knights of Columbus and mail it to Treasurer Tennessee State Council, 1627 Brook Manor Drive, Hixson, TN 37343. (Please write TN Flood Victim Relief in the memo field of the check)
- Council Financial Donations: Have your council make a donation from its prudent reserves (the recommended donation is $250 for those Councils who are able to help). Please use the instructions in #1 to prepare and mail your check to our State Treasurer.
PayPal Donation instructions:
The State Council has set up a PayPal account for anybody wishing to make a donation using PayPal. The process is easy:
- Go to PayPal.com
- Select Send/Request
- Enter the State Treasurer Email: StateTreasurer@kofc-tn.org
- Enter the amount you desire to donate.
- In the comments section type “Flood Relief” and if you wish, your name and council.
Please remember to pray for the victims and their families. Many Councils and parishes will be doing organized payer of the Rosary to ask our Blessed Mother to petition our Lord to provide his grace and mercy to those who are suffering.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.